Give locally to benefit Stanislaus County
The generosity of our donors is reflected in the faces of thousands of appreciative recipients throughout Stanislaus County. You can be assured that every dollar is handled with care, and every gift improves the quality of countless lives.
Local philanthropy enhances the human values of a community. Stanislaus Community Foundation offers a simple, powerful and highly personal approach to giving.
Supporting your community in seven easy steps
We work with you (and your professional advisor) to help you get the most out of your giving. Here's how it works:
- Decide when to give. You can give now, establish a gift in your will, or through a trust arrangement that benefits your family as well as charity. You may give in honor of a special event or person, or to support a cause. Tax deductions are earned at the time of your gift, while grants awarded from your fund will continue into the future.
- Decide what to give. Almost any kind of asset can be used to start your fund. The Community Foundation can accept a wide range, including cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds and more.
- Decide how to give. Choose from many flexible ways of giving, such as bequests by will, charitable trusts and charitable gift annuities. We can work with you and your attorney or financial advisor to help you choose the best way to meet your financial and charitable goals.
- Define your charitable goals. Our staff and board have deep knowledge about local needs. We're here to help you connect to the causes you care about most in our community.
- Choose a name for your fund. Funds can be named after the donor or donor family, or as a tribute to a special person or cause. Every grant from the fund will carry this name. If you prefer anonymity, you may choose a name that reflects your fund’s charitable purposes. Ensure that grants from your fund are made forever by endowing your fund.
- Choose a type of fund. A variety of funds are available to meet our donors’ varied charitable interests.
- Complete the transaction. Establishing a fund is quick and easy, and can take less time than it takes to open a bank account. You sign the fund agreement and transfer your gift, and we'll take care of all the administrative details.
There is so much more we'd like you to know. For more information and ideas on ways to integrate your financial planning with charitable giving, ask your financial advisor or contact us to discuss your giving options.